On 25th June 2015, a conference of the Belarusan National Platform “Belarusan civil society: challenges of stagnation and governmentalisation of the civil sector” was held in Minsk. At the Conference, members of the new Steering Committee were elected. Sviatlana Karaliova, Head of the Belarusan Organization of Working Women became new Chairwoman of the Belarusan National Platform.
Apart from Sviatlana Karaliova, the following civil activists were elected as new Steering Committee members:
- Alies Bialiacki, human rights center “Viasna”
- Siarhiej Mackievic, Assembly of NGOs of Belarus;
- Piotr Kuzniacou, Homiel Democratic Forum;
- Uladzimir Dunajeu, Institute for Development and Social Market in Belarus and Eastern Europe;
- Maryna Chomic, Belarusan Union of Youth and Children’s Public Associations “RADA”;
- Ihar Rynkievic, public institution “Civil Verdict League”;
- Andrej Jahorau, EaP CSF National Coordinator in Belarus (until the next CSF meeting in Kyiv).
The participants of the Conference also voted for organizations that will be recommended for participation in the next Civil Society Forum which will is to be held in Kyiv on November 20-21, 2015.
In the final resolution of the Conference, «Civil Society in Belarus: Challenges of stagnation and nationalization of the third sector», Belarusan National Platform participants welcomed the process of reviving the dialogue between Belarus and the European Union.